Now and then you might try too hard to control your thoughts and feelings. Here’s a technique you can practice letting your thoughts and feelings wander freely.
Here’s how: – Allow at least 3 minutes for this exercise:
Your assignment is to observe what pops up and just let it be there for a while. Do this for both positive and negative thoughts and feelings.
- Once you have learned to accept your thoughts and feelings, you will eventually notice that is is easier to let them go.
- It’s important to not give negative thoughts and feelings too much room in your thoughts, but just enough attention.
Pretend that your thoughts and feelings are clouds floating across the sky.
- There’s no reason to try to push the clouds away or control their movements
- Treat your thoughts and feelings as if they are clouds
- Imagine that your negative thoughts and feelings are inside the clouds
- Accept that they are there, but at the same time try to leave them alone
- Just imagine that they are simply passing you by
In Mindfit, we have assembled different self-help techniques that you can use when you find yourself in a challenge situation. They can help you to better master the uncomfortable feelings you might have in these circumstances.
We recommend that you acquaint yourself with these self-help techniques, so that it is easier for you to use them when you actually need them.